If you have a passion for the latest cloud technology and strategies and you thrive in challenging environments with complex systems, you can be a part of Recollects success. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in software development, systems administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring and maintaining mission critical services with various underlying dependencies. You will engage closely with architects, development teams, and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services.
This is a hands-on technical position. The ideal candidate has prior experience managing cloud based n-tier web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. You must have a strong customer focus, and be capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems. You should be either a software developer with some experience and knowledge as a system administrator, or possibly a system administrator with some experience and knowledge as a programmer.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Proficient in high level script languages
• Experience administering Windows and Linux systems.
• Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
• Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools for network, server, and application status.
• Experience with hardware and software firewalls and additional security layers.
• Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment.
• Knowledge of building and maintaining production systems on AWS and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs.
• Experience with cloud computing products (AWS) and architecture.
• Experience with MySQL RDBMS and popular No-SQL databases.
• Understanding of ITIL terminology like incident and problem.
• Experience with MS Exchange and voice call/VOIP routing.
• Strong English communication skills.
More details about this role and how to apply can be found on www.seek.co.nz.
Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: We welcome international enquiries, however only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.